vendredi 27 juin 2008

4 Days in Manhattan - 2 El desfile en la Quinta Avenida

I wasn't allowed to watch their parade
From under some umbrageous marquee.
A tiny rican female came over and told me
To move and go into the sun.
I did not obey.
A giant rican male sauntered over and told me
To move and go into the sun.
I did obey.

There is not only a problem of male chauvinism
There is also a problem of white shyness. I forgot.

If you are willing to watch those crispy bodies shaking
Just move and get close under the sun.
You must not persist in the shadow, gabachito––
You too need some tan, man.

Our future is at stake and this is progress. This is
But a formal invite to join in and take part in the party.
This should promote the due convergence of shades, one may
______________________________________ say.
At least, I understood it that way.

June 12, 2008

Aucun commentaire: