dimanche 30 août 2009

The Bee, the Beekeeper and I

Man loves useful Bee
But busy Bee doesn’t know
Nor does she know that in
Man, without good cause, she might
Lose her sting and perish. Although
She ignores what she does to them, Bee
Knows quite well how to handle utter flowers
But, surprised by the apparition of
Unnecessary Man, she hasn’t learned yet
To radically leave this one in peace.

Sedulous Man, the one under
The beekeeper’s mask, behaves toward
Man like Bee behaves toward Man.
Man knows how to smell or cut utter flowers
But he hasn’t yet learned how to react
To the apparition of unnecessary Man, that
Depraved animal. He has no better feelers
For learning how to keep his sting in
Annoying presences, let alone
How to leave in peace and quiet.

I waste my days of no avail
As if I were utter flower, but all that is
Bee better leave me alone, there would be
Only wasting of sting on me and ways to vainly
Perish. I have long lost my sting and not yet
Perished, rather by lack of usefulness
Than by busy-beeish ignorance. A
Man like me needs not carry a
Beekeeper’s mask to keep
Out of business.

If those bees were even busier than they are
They wouldn’t have to learn about
Not wasting stings for nothing.
Unnecessary Man, in his most
Needless form is stronger than them all.
He has nothing else to do
Than to observe a little balcony garden
Breeding itself some utter flower
And simply stay away from
Bees buzzing by.

August 28, 2009

Aucun commentaire: