dimanche 4 septembre 2016

Immovable


1. Got Around

I, having a shower.
Calcutta?
Not much of a stretch.

I, up on a ladder.
The Swiss Alps?
A pretty close guess.

I, bit by a gnat.
Amazonia?
As simple as that.

I, nights into days.
Down under?
Just so bang on, mate.

I, busy with muggins.
Back home then?
This was a tough one.


2. Unheard-of Spots

I think we only have these cloyingly
Calm summer nights so that I can hear far
And, as if some door hung dourly ajar
Far off, indeed, through damp, a company
Is regularly bursting out: I’ve their guffaw
Without the motive mots stuck in my craw.

If travelers must rise to overbear
Sheer life’s longueur, that horizontal wall
I’ve wound up settled, deafened to the call
Of made-up crests or purity of air
My remnant innocence being to leave
Distance alone, like dropping to its eave.

Day after day honing myself by rote
Existence, I dismiss the others’ version;
A mild disgust with humankind’s remote
Hilarity is sufficient diversion.
Strange Continents best cackle on their own;
Too bad they weren’t gladly kept unknown.


August 29, 2016  [Apparent Opposites I]

Aucun commentaire: