mercredi 1 mars 2023

Morals

i.

No wiser guide than a sealed book
Too meaningful to grant a look.


ii.

If right or wrong, one should not mind
Lest it be rong or wright.
It doesn’t matter to be blind
To smell a moonless night.


iii.

Some smart ass said: Don’t buy their stuff
There’s nobody up there, because
There ain’t no ladder long enough.
I swiped his, checked, and so it was.

The place was something... hard to tell
I better held it back in me.
Y’all may well gather down in Hell –
I’ll join that lonely apple tree.


iv.

Since we all have to go away
So something else can show
We have no right to throw away
Ourselves before we go.

A garbage can is all we have;
We should not stuff it, though:
Right from the cradle to the grave
We clutter up and grow.

If I could lose the waste I use
To cherry-pick plain litter
It would be possible to choose
But life is far too bitter.


March 1st, 2023

Aucun commentaire: