mardi 20 novembre 2007

Certitude Makes Life Easier

Certitude makes life easier
Animals hunt by necessity
But to track down the quarry
Even a beast of prey needs to doubt.

I am beset by suitable doubt, for a while
Thinking I could debunk some
Of those throbbing miracles, they are
Responsible for the hardships I know.

But, why, should I thrive by the snout?
Whatever I get hold of emerges from buried.
There's a different stillness required
To conjecture the labor of hounds.

Qualm and calm tell at least one same thing:
Were this a chase I'd be long
Left behind, having grown latent prey
To most warily stashing away my own hide.

The comfy hideout I am galling in
Isn't a place of rest though, under shelter
Inert I must creep way more scared
Then, say, while I would run away.

Life is easy as long as I beat it;
It is most easy when I catch my breath
Panting for the pursuer's out of sight:
At this juncture I'd embrace nature itself

Feeling it pound on my side, soaked, puny
Distraught––I, expendable pillar in its center
Thus unattainable, unsought for myself
Quite as astray, am the middle of nowhere.

June 5, 2005 & November 19, 2007

Aucun commentaire: