1. Low Light
“Methinks I see thee, now thou art so low, / As one dead in the bottom of a tomb. / Either my eyesight fails, or”
Romeo and Juliet, III, 5
Light blinds a man:
The evening sun
A glare to eyes that see.
Turn if you can
Away, I’m gone
Unless thou look’st at me.
You talking as
An idiot, sun.
How come, art thou unwell?
I thought a glaze
Of solemn, son
Would suit. Else, go to hell.
2. High Expectations
“that shows / Nothing, and is nowhere, and is endless.”
Larkin, High Windows
His body, in its early days
Was like a hint of what would be:
The door ajar, he’d just pass through –
Alas, it led into this maze.
Despite its secrets, truth or lie
Youth’s hopes were, are, and will stay high.
The groping paw – of no avail
When shine is in and no way out:
When, too much option and no sign
Excess of chances thwarts to quail.
Misled while there is no wrong way
Despair betimes or go astray!
September 16, 2026
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire