mardi 4 mars 2008

"This Is About I**am" - 19 A Peacock's Song

I have learned that they looked for someone to imitate a
______________________________peacock's song.
I don't know how that sounds, I never heard a peacock sing
I only know how that friggin' bird looks like.
Yet I decided to try.

I went there and whistled.
They said: Oh, it sounds like vulgar whistling.

Yes, I said, it sounds like vulgar whistling, but it actually isn't.
Don't you know that a peacock's song sounds almost like
_____________________________ vulgar whistling?
But to any she-cock's ear this kind of whistling is
________________________extraordinarily seductive.
Only ignorant people confound.

Shamefaced, they accepted my explanation and I got the job.
I know they'll never hear a peacock sing.

September 28, 2006

Le chant du paon

J'ai appris qu'ils cherchaient quelqu'un pour imiter le chant du paon.
J'ignore comment ça sonne, je n'ai jamais entendu chanter un paon
Je sais seulement quelle gueule il a, ce fichu oiseau.
Mais j'ai voulu tenter le coup quand même.

J'y suis allé et j'ai sifflé.
Ils ont dit : Eh bien, ça sonne comme un vulgaire sifflement.

Oui, j'ai dit, ça sonne comme un vulgaire sifflement, mais ça ne l'est point.
Ne sauriez-vous donc pas que le chant du paon ressemble beaucoup à un vulgaire sifflement ?
Or, parvenu aux oreilles d'une paonne, ce sifflement-là a un pouvoir de séduction énorme.
Seuls les ignares confondent.

Rouges de honte, ils ont accepté mon explication et m'ont engagé.
Je sais que jamais ils n'entendront chanter un paon.

Sept. 28, 2006, traduit le 19 Oct.

Aucun commentaire: