mardi 11 décembre 2007

Lit Heroes #10 - Phileas

If I am that world-weary it is because I am aware
How tiny our life space is.
With a little education we know it all
We might turn fusspots and discover the charms of pedantry
But we don't have much to discover.

At that moment of my life
The only open question was: how long would it take
To circumnavigate.

I've circumnavigated a lot of items
I've gone round subsidizing a lot of upmarket places––
Actual boredom has its price––
And I knew that it was too late for me to be dazzled.

To discover this last thing
I merely had to bypass any thing
Moving along without seeing a thing
Without smelling a stink
Without encountering a soul (I have my ways for that!)
Tipping quantities of beggars showing varieties of wondrous
____________________________________________wounds
Without helping out anyone else but me, Phileas

Just as if nothing else would've been at stake.

July 15 & December 10, 2007

Aucun commentaire: