jeudi 1 mai 2008

A Crowd of Three

Çalabhāsana

___
This clerical fixation on drives and urges
Urges and drives.
Dropped my habit, stark naked I stand
___But what could I do all alone?
Me and lover and Eros––

___We three are already a crowd
And therefore liable to mass hysteria.
Won’t be myself any longer
Driven to please.
___Must be the reason why locusts grow shells
Once caught in a swarm.

___Sex and social punishment
Would be a callous kind of copulation
No matter if it’s Eros Almighty or my tiny little
Lover to inflict that: Once engorged in a mass
___I get far from myself
And these urges aren’t mine anymore.

___In the process of assuaging I
Don’t even know my very drives
I forgot even who I don’t know but
Apprehending the dread to displease I quite
___Faithfully trust in my fear––
The said fixation isn’t clerical for nothing.

April 16, 2008

Aucun commentaire: